Before we dive into the role, let’s talk about flexibility. At Zip, our office is in New York City but we can hire from anywhere across the United States. Our Zipsters can choose where and when they work by taking full advantage of our hybrid-work environment.
So whether you’re fully remote, mostly in the office or a mix of the two, you’ll be empowered to do whatever brings out your best.
We are Zip, a global Buy Now, Pay Later company providing fair and seamless solutions that simplify how millions of people pay. Our journey began in Australia, has taken us to 14 countries (so far) - and we’re just getting started.
We exist to create a world where people can live fearlessly today, knowing they’re in control of tomorrow. Focused on product innovation that puts people at the centre, we put the financial well-being of our customers and merchant partners at the heart of everything that we do.
About the role
As a Brand Designer at Zip, you’ll join our in-house creative team to elevate the brand across all channels and touchpoints.
You will champion creative problem-solving through a customer-first lens while guarding and elevating the work to help evolve and shape the Zip brand.
You’ll collaborate cross-functionally with creative, marketing, and business stakeholders to ensure that every deliverable achieves strategic, relevant, customer-focused, and on-brand results, ultimately supporting defined business goals.
What you'll do
- Take ownership of design tasks and projects from start to finish and deliver consistent and exceptional work on time and on brand
- Design assets that are strategic and high-quality across channels (including, but not limited to: paid social, email, B2B print collateral, OOH)
- Help develop creative concepts and supporting ideas for campaigns and collaborate with external agencies, vendors, and freelancers
- Create work that helps define the look and feel of the Zip to achieve the larger brand vision
- Seek and identify opportunities to strengthen the brand presence and raise the design standards throughout the company
- Inspire and influence the Zip team by bringing new ideas to life and challenge our team to constantly elevate the brand
- Provide creative partnership and solutions to cross-functional teams to translate business goals into meaningful design work
- Strive to incorporate customer-centric insights and data into design when applicable
- Prioritize design system thinking that enables efficient turnarounds for designers and empowers department-wide teams by managing brand assets, templates, and standards
What you'll bring
- 3-5 years of professional experience in a design role at an agency or in-house brand
- A holistic approach to design with a passion for design systems, best practices, as well as clean modern, and elevated design
- A strong and versatile portfolio that demonstrates a broad range of knowledge, skills, projects, and mediums (Please include a link to your portfolio to be considered!)
- The ability to adhere to and maintain brand standards
- Excellence using design tools, especially Figma and Creative Cloud
- An effective communicator with the ability to interact and collaborate cross-functionally with internal and external teams
- An eye for detail/ passion for all things creative and design
- Experience developing systems and optimizing creative workflows
- The ability to visualize where your work strategically fits into the larger picture within a project, campaign, and in the development of the brand
- The belief that copy and design are both equally important and relevant in conveying the message to our audience
- An elevated taste level and are in touch with design, tech and advertising trends
- Bonus points for: Skills in animation or After Effects, photography, video editing, illustration or copywriting
We’re proud to be a values-led business. They guide us in everything we do - how we work together and create game-changing experiences for our customers and fellow Zipsters.
If you only meet some of the requirements for this role, that's okay. We value a diverse range of backgrounds and ideas and believe this is fundamental for our future success. So, if you have the curiosity to learn and the willingness to teach what you know, we'd love to hear from you.
We pride ourselves on creating an inclusive workplace that provides equal opportunities to all persons regardless of their age, cultural background, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, veteran status, or anything else.
What’s in it for you?
We offer a variety of perks and benefits to support you at both work and home. Here’s a taste of what you can expect!
● Flexible working culture
● Share incentive programs
● 20 days PTO every year
● Generous paid parental leave
● Leading family support policies
● 100% employer covered insurance
● Beautiful Midtown office with a casual dress code
● Learning and wellness subscription stipend
● Company-sponsored 401k match
● Remote First Friendly!
We want to make sure our recruitment processes are accessible and inclusive for all people. If there's any adjustments that need to be made to ensure you have a fair and equal experience in our recruitment process please let your Talent Acquisition Partner know. We are also a proud 2022 Circle Back initiative employer and commit to respond to every applicant.
Join us on our mission to be the first payment choice, everywhere and every day.