Before we dive into the role, let’s talk about flexibility. Our Zipsters can choose where and when they work by taking full advantage of our hybrid-work environment. So whether you’re mostly remote, mostly in the office or a mix of the two, you’ll be empowered to do whatever brings out your best.
We are Zip, a global Buy Now, Pay Later company providing fair and seamless solutions that simplify how millions of people pay. Our journey began in Australia, has taken us to 14 countries (so far) - and we’re just getting started.
We exist to create a world where people can live fearlessly today, knowing they’re in control of tomorrow. Focused on product innovation that puts people at the centre, we put the financial well-being of our customers and merchant partners at the heart of everything that we do.
You’ll own product management for merchant and consumer engagement in Australia, leading a sizable team of expert product managers, and reporting to our Chief Product Officer.
It’s a high-visibility, high-impact opportunity to step-change the value Zip provides to our customers and partners, by delivering a beautiful joining experience, building an amazing digital wallet, and creating a world-class merchant dashboard.
Your product group informally leads squads of engineers and product designers to set vision, define strategy, drive delivery, take to market and commercialise product features that drive acquisition and engagement for both consumer customers and merchant partners.
Your goals will include uplifting acquisition by simplifying the joining experience for our customers and merchants across mobile and web, delivering a beautiful merchant dashboard experience, bringing our digital wallet to life through our expanding financial services business, and helping to keep our customers’ money and business safe working closely with fraud teams.
We'd love someone who brings knowledge of the merchant problem space, is passionate about enabling the financial wellbeing of our millions of ANZ consumers, who is happy at the strategic level, in the detail and during delivery, and brings the experience and drive to lead a high-performing product group.
To help us level up, you'll bring:
- 10+ years’ experience in product management and product leadership, gained from technology, payments or financial services companies committed to delivering exceptional customer-focused digital products
- Experience in, knowledge of, and passion for the merchant problem space - this could be gained working in ecommerce, for a major retailer with online presence, a tech or platform business that serves merchant needs, or even running your own small business!
- Strong commercial acumen with proven ability to deliver superior financial results through market leading customer experiences
- Experience implementing product management strategies, using data and analytics to generate demand, optimise conversion and drive engagement
- Exceptional relationship skills with the ability to build consensus and action across our business
- Natural leadership qualities, with a bias for action blended with a collaborative approach, and experience building, growing and leading high performing teams
- Substantial knowledge and practical application of Design Thinking, Lean and Agile principles
- Team-orientation with the desire to contribute beyond your domain, who always thinks team-first
- Content in a fast-paced environment and able to move with a sense of urgency, but sensitive enough to give people space and comfort to add suggestions
- Our values in your DNA: Customer First, Own It, Stronger Together and Change the Game
We’re proud to be a values-led business. They guide us in everything we do - how we work together and create game-changing experiences for our customers and fellow Zipsters.
If you only meet some of the requirements for this role, that's okay. We value a diverse range of backgrounds and ideas and believe this is fundamental for our future success. So, if you have the curiosity to learn and the willingness to teach what you know, we'd love to hear from you.
We pride ourselves on creating an inclusive workplace that provides equal opportunities to all persons regardless of their age, cultural background, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, veteran status, or anything else.
What’s in it for you?
As a Zipster, you’ll enjoy heaps of unique perks and benefits to support you at work and beyond. Here’s just a taste of what you can expect when you join the #Zipfam!
- Flexible working culture, giving you the choice on how and where you work
- Funding and up to 2 days leave for your professional development
- 25 days paid leave annually, including birthday leave and quarterly wellbeing days
- Work from anywhere, globally or domestically, for up to 4 weeks per year (eligibility depends on the nature of your role)
- 16 weeks paid parental leave for primary carers, and 4 weeks for supporting carers
- Family support policies including miscarriage bereavement leave and domestic violence leave
- Mental health and wellbeing initiatives, including $299 annual wellbeing allowance, free fitness classes, and discounted gym membership
- 2 days paid volunteering leave per year
- Fee-free Zip products, and discounts with Zip merchant partners (AU)
- Share incentive programs, to give you skin in the game
- Team social events, epic offices, free breakfast daily, and weekly free lunches (Sydney)
We want to make sure our recruitment processes are accessible and inclusive for all people. If there's any adjustments that need to be made to ensure you have a fair and equal experience in our recruitment process please let your Talent Acquisition Partner know. We are also a proud 2022 Circle Back initiative employer and commit to respond to every applicant.
Join us on our mission to be the first payment choice, everywhere and every day.