Before we dive into the role, let’s talk about flexibility. Our Zipsters can choose where and when they work by taking full advantage of our hybrid-work environment. So whether you’re mostly remote, mostly in the office or a mix of the two, you’ll be empowered to do whatever brings out your best.
We are Zip, a global Buy Now, Pay Later company providing fair and seamless solutions that simplify how millions of people pay. Our journey began in Australia, has taken us to multiple different markets and we’re just getting started.
We exist to create a world where people can live fearlessly today, knowing they’re in control of tomorrow. Focused on product innovation that puts people at the centre, we put the financial well-being of our customers and merchant partners at the heart of everything that we do.
About the role
This role will suit someone who is looking for exposure to a dynamic industry, wants to make an impact and is passionate about process improvement.
In this role, you will be AU focused and contributing to the monthly trust models, cash distributions, daily cash transfers and collections reconciliation. Along with assisting the day to day finance operational tasks, you will also have the opportunity to work with the rest of the finance team in identifying and implementing process improvements and internal controls.
Zip has a casual yet professional environment with a strong culture and an “Own it Do it” approach.
What you'll own and support:
- Preparation of monthly trust determination models and assisting with the trust reporting including investors report and pool stratifications
- Perform bank reconciliation of the trust cashflows
- Processing daily cash sweeps and disbursements
- Assist with trust operational tasks including write-offs, bills payments and customers repayment queries
- Perform cashflow analysis of trust accounts, forecasting upcoming funding drawdown requirements
- Drive timely month-end close and associated Balance Sheet reconciliations
- Ensure the trust balance sheet and BAS return is reconcile and correct
- Assist with audit queries & requests
- Support the business with new initiatives in a finance capacity
- Contribute to the evolution & continuous improvement of Zip’s finance processes & procedures
- Preparation and submitting the trust APRA and ABS reporting
To help us level up, you'll bring
- Qualified CPA/CA or studying towards this
- 2-3 years experience in a similar role
- Experience with intercompany & preparing balance sheet reconciliations
- Solid grasp of accounting standards & principles
- Intermediate to Advanced level Excel skills
- Proven experience in process improvement
Great if you have, but ok if your not there yet:
- Prior experience in the Fintech or Payments Industry
- Experience with Trust Accounting
- BAS experience
- Chartered accounting background
- Experience with Trust Models
- Prior experience using the following systems:
- Calumo Reporting or similar BI financial reporting tool
We’re proud to be a values-led business. They guide us in everything we do - how we work together and create game-changing experiences for our customers and fellow Zipsters.
If you only meet some of the requirements for this role, that's okay. We value a diverse range of backgrounds and ideas and believe this is fundamental for our future success. So, if you have the curiosity to learn and the willingness to teach what you know, we'd love to hear from you.
We pride ourselves on creating an inclusive workplace that provides equal opportunities to all persons regardless of their age, cultural background, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, veteran status, or anything else.
What’s in it for you?
As a Zipster, you’ll enjoy heaps of unique perks and benefits to support you at work and beyond. Here’s just a taste of what you can expect when you join the #Zipfam!
- Flexible working culture, giving you the choice on how and where you work
- Funding and up to 2 days leave for your professional development
- 25 days paid leave annually, including birthday leave and quarterly wellbeing days
- 16 weeks paid parental leave for primary carers, and 4 weeks for supporting carers
- Family support policies including miscarriage bereavement leave and domestic violence leave
- Mental health and wellbeing initiatives, including $299 annual wellbeing allowance, free fitness classes, and discounted gym membership
- 2 days paid volunteering leave per year
- Fee-free Zip products, and discounts with Zip merchant partners (AU)
- Share incentive programs, to give you skin in the game
- Team social events, epic offices, free breakfast daily, and weekly free lunches (Sydney)
We want to make sure our recruitment processes are accessible and inclusive for all people. If there's any adjustments that need to be made to ensure you have a fair and equal experience in our recruitment process please let your Talent Acquisition Partner know. We are also a proud 2022 Circle Back initiative employer and commit to respond to every applicant.
Join us on our mission to be the first payment choice, everywhere and every day.