Before we dive into the role, let’s talk about flexibility. Our Zipsters can choose where and when they work by taking full advantage of our hybrid-work environment. So whether you’re mostly remote, mostly in the office or a mix of the two, you’ll be empowered to do whatever brings out your best.
We are Zip, a global Buy Now, Pay Later company providing fair and seamless solutions that simplify how millions of people pay. Our journey began in Australia, has taken us to multiple different markets and we’re just getting started.
We exist to create a world where people can live fearlessly today, knowing they’re in control of tomorrow. Focused on product innovation that puts people at the centre, we put the financial well-being of our customers and merchant partners at the heart of everything that we do.
As our Senior Product Manager, Acquisition and Decisioning you'll work in the Growth product team, owning product strategy and delivery for acquisition and decisioning across Zip Pay and Zip Money.
Your role will be key to balancing new customer growth and credit risk, working cross-functionally with marketing, compliance, legal and risk data science teams. You’ll also work closely with a high-calibre engineering team to guide on the what and the why for new features, allowing them to own the how.
We have big plans for you to help us create progressive onboarding, partnering with product design to rebuild the acquisition flow - this is a role where seemingly small but well thought-out incremental changes can have a huge impact on Zip’s growth and profitability.
We’d love you to bring experience with digital lending products, ideally building up or optimising a credit application and decisioning funnel, or a general understanding of compliance, AML and KYC, and responsible lending. You’ll definitely need to be comfortable diving deep into a complex problem, as well as rapid context-switching as the role requires both.
You’ll get to learn a lot and work with smart, motivated and kind people to solve big problems that impact millions of Australians, giving fair and fast access to credit that helps them to manage their money with confidence.
To help us level up, we'd love you to bring:
- 5+ years’ experience in product management roles
- Practical knowledge of consumer credit or payments businesses
- Strong commercial acumen and P&L experience
- Experience working with data and analytics to generate demand, optimise conversion and drive engagement and repeat usage
- Ability to conduct experiments using the latest techniques to test, learn and improve the customer experience right along the entire funnel
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- Experience delivering using Agile tools and processes
Every Zipster in our Product team should also be:
- Confident in their abilities, yet humble enough to admit when wrong
- A natural leader, with a positive disposition, and a doer who facilitates collaboration to achieve lofty outcomes
- At home in a fast-paced environment and able to move with a sense of urgency, but sensitive enough to give people space/comfort to add suggestions
- Someone who loves autonomy and working in close teams, and shares our values: Customer First, Own It, Stronger Together and Change the Game
We’re proud to be a values-led business. They guide us in everything we do - how we work together and create game-changing experiences for our customers and fellow Zipsters.
If you only meet some of the requirements for this role, that's okay. We value a diverse range of backgrounds and ideas and believe this is fundamental for our future success. So, if you have the curiosity to learn and the willingness to teach what you know, we'd love to hear from you.
We pride ourselves on creating an inclusive workplace that provides equal opportunities to all persons regardless of their age, cultural background, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, veteran status, or anything else.
What’s in it for you?
As a Zipster, you’ll enjoy heaps of unique perks and benefits to support you at work and beyond. Here’s just a taste of what you can expect when you join the #Zipfam!
- Flexible working culture, giving you the choice on how and where you work
- Funding and up to 2 days leave for your professional development
- 25 days paid leave annually, including birthday leave and quarterly wellbeing days
- 16 weeks paid parental leave for primary carers, and 4 weeks for supporting carers
- Family support policies including miscarriage bereavement leave and domestic violence leave
- Mental health and wellbeing initiatives, including $299 annual wellbeing allowance, free fitness classes, and discounted gym membership
- 2 days paid volunteering leave per year
- Fee-free Zip products, and discounts with Zip merchant partners (AU)
- Share incentive programs, to give you skin in the game
- Team social events, epic offices, free breakfast daily, and weekly free lunches (Sydney)
We want to make sure our recruitment processes are accessible and inclusive for all people. If there's any adjustments that need to be made to ensure you have a fair and equal experience in our recruitment process please let your Talent Acquisition Partner know. We are also a proud 2023 Circle Back initiative employer and commit to respond to every applicant.
Join us on our mission to be the first payment choice, everywhere and every day.