Before we dive into the role, let’s talk about flexibility. At Zip, our office is in New York City but we can hire from anywhere across the United States. Our Zipsters can choose where and when they work by taking full advantage of our hybrid-work environment.
So whether you’re fully remote, mostly in the office or a mix of the two, you’ll be empowered to do whatever brings out your best.
We are Zip, a global Buy Now, Pay Later company providing fair and seamless solutions that simplify how millions of people pay. Our journey began in Australia, has taken us to 14 countries (so far) - and we’re just getting started.
We exist to create a world where people can live fearlessly today, knowing they’re in control of tomorrow. Focused on product innovation that puts people at the centre, we put the financial well-being of our customers and merchant partners at the heart of everything that we do.
About the role
We’re looking for a data fanatic to join a team of engineers and analysts that are responsible for building Zip’s data platforms. We need people who understand data at a granular level – they don’t rely on any one tool but rather understand them all, and each of their pros and cons.
This is a unique opportunity to build the data strategy and architecture at a data-driven startup that’s changing the world of finance, shoulder-to-shoulder with a tight team that has your back.
What you'll do:
- Oversee Zip’s data analytics platforms across the entire business (primarily marketing/product/sales. But also engineering, fraud & risk, and finance)
- Serve as a hands-on Data Analytics team manager: understanding how projects are moving, stepping in where needed, addressing blockers, being a champion of culture, etc…
- Stakeholder and executive leadership management Internal and external prioritization
- Bi-annual team road mapping/goal-setting
What you must have:
- A people-first approach: You have managed teams and you care about how your team grows and develops. You believe that investing in people is the best ROI to a team and company. You prioritize internal growth as much as business projects.
- An excellent addition to our culture: You believe and want to participate in a blameless culture which focuses on process and technology. You feel accountable for everything you do and that sense of urgency has been driving you your entire life. You like to have a good time while getting things done. When we say a “team player” we mean it - you have a crisp high-five and funny stories to tell. You have your team’s back, and the team has yours.
- A yearning to learn new things: You know that there’s always more to learn, and it bothers you that there isn’t enough time in the day to learn about the next topic. You’re up-to-date on new trends in data – you know who’s using what to solve various problems and are excited for the next release of your favorite tool. If you can handle being thrown in the deep end of the pool, this team’s for you.
- The ability to solve big picture problems: You proactively identify reports, dashboards, and analysis needed by the business. You partner with Product & Engineering teams to strategize and drive user growth.
- Comfort in uncertainty: You’re comfortable in the weeds pulling, cleaning, analyzing, and transforming raw data into insightful, visual findings. You conduct the necessary research when presented with open ended questions.
- The drive to seek answers in data: You are comfortable analyzing millions of transactional data points. You use data to drive decision-making and make recommendations on how to best grow the business. You work closely with leadership to identify, measure, and grow major KPIs across business lines.
- A passion for analytics: You excitedly seek opportunities to leverage Tableau. Advanced SQL is in your toolkit to solve complex business problems. You know modeling techniques and love to partner with Data Engineers. You’ve worked across multiple analytics disciplines and you have a knack for threading the needle between them to find the larger picture.
Nice to have:
- Sense of humor is hugely preferred.
- Past experience in the Financial industry
- Experience in the Azure Cloud is a bonus
- An interesting life story / a cool hobby / a diverse background has proven to bring more to the table in terms of perspective, what's yours?
We’re proud to be a values-led business. They guide us in everything we do - how we work together and create game-changing experiences for our customers and fellow Zipsters.
If you only meet some of the requirements for this role, that's okay. We value a diverse range of backgrounds and ideas and believe this is fundamental for our future success. So, if you have the curiosity to learn and the willingness to teach what you know, we'd love to hear from you.
We pride ourselves on creating an inclusive workplace that provides equal opportunities to all persons regardless of their age, cultural background, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, veteran status, or anything else.
What’s in it for you?
We offer a variety of perks and benefits to support you at both work and home. Here’s a taste of what you can expect!
● Flexible working culture
● Share incentive programs
● 20 days PTO every year
● Generous paid parental leave
● Leading family support policies
● 100% employer covered insurance
● Beautiful Midtown office with a casual dress code
● Learning and wellness subscription stipend
● Company-sponsored 401k match
● Remote working allowance
Join us on our mission to be the first payment choice, everywhere and every day.