Before we dive into the role, let’s talk about flexibility. At Zip, we have offices in Sydney and Melbourne but can hire from anywhere in Australia.
Our Zipsters can choose where and when they work by taking full advantage of our hybrid-work environment. So whether you’re fully remote, mostly in the office or a mix of the two, you’ll be empowered to do whatever brings out your best.
We are Zip, a global Buy Now, Pay Later company providing fair and seamless solutions that simplify how millions of people pay. Our journey began in Australia, has taken us to 14 countries (so far) - and we’re just getting started.
We exist to create a world where people can live fearlessly today, knowing they’re in control of tomorrow. Focused on product innovation that puts people at the centre, we put the financial well-being of our customers and merchant partners at the heart of everything that we do.
About the role
At Zip, we build cloud-native software applications that serve millions of customers and process billions of dollars in payments. We use microservices, domain-driven design and event-driven architectures to ensure scalability and performance as we grow, and all this presents some fascinating engineering problems for our squads to solve.
As a Senior Software Engineer in our Shop & Rewards squad, you will develop and deploy high-quality software for all new initiatives and applications, zero legacy work! You will be part of your product squad as well as working with the marketing team to get insights on our current and new merchants.
You will ensure our customers have a personalised experience when shopping on our Zip app, and have access to merchant rewards in one seamless flow.
For this role we are looking for a Software Engineer who has experience with Java and Spring Boot, who is eager to get stuck into the world of Kotlin!
This role can be remote within Australia, or join our hybrid model in our Sydney or Melbourne office.
To help us level up, you'll bring:
- Experience in Java/Kotlin, Spring Boot and RESTful APIs
- Experience with Microservices
- Experience on AWS
- Experience on Agile Development, Design Patterns, TDD and Gitflow
- Knowledge of GitLab/Bitbucket
Bonus points for:
- Experience with any of the following would beneficial but not required:
- Kubernetes, Terraform, Newrelic, Elasticsearch or Contentful
We’re proud to be a values-led business. They guide us in everything we do - how we work together and create game-changing experiences for our customers and fellow Zipsters.
If you only meet some of the requirements for this role, that's okay. We value a diverse range of backgrounds and ideas and believe this is fundamental for our future success. So, if you have the curiosity to learn and the willingness to teach what you know, we'd love to hear from you.
We pride ourselves on creating an inclusive workplace that provides equal opportunities to all persons regardless of their age, cultural background, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, veteran status, or anything else.
What’s in it for you?
As a Zipster, you’ll enjoy heaps of unique perks and benefits to support you at work and beyond. Here’s just a taste of what you can expect when you join the #Zipfam!
- Flexible working culture, giving you the choice on how and where you work
- Funding and up to 2 days leave for your professional development
- 25 days paid leave annually, including birthday leave and quarterly wellbeing days
- Work from anywhere, globally or domestically, for up to 4 weeks per year (eligibility depends on the nature of your role)
- 16 weeks paid parental leave for primary carers, and 4 weeks for supporting carers
- Family support policies including miscarriage bereavement leave and domestic violence leave
- Mental health and wellbeing initiatives, including $299 annual wellbeing allowance, free fitness classes, and discounted gym membership
- 2 days paid volunteering leave per year
- Fee-free Zip products, and discounts with Zip merchant partners (AU)
- Share incentive programs, to give you skin in the game
- Team social events, epic offices, free breakfast daily, and weekly free lunches (Sydney)
We also want to make sure our recruitment processes are accessible and inclusive for all people. If there's any adjustments that need to be made to ensure you have a fair and equal experience in our recruitment process please let your Talent Acquisition Partner know. We are also a proud 2022 Circle Back initiative employer and commit to respond to every applicant.
Join us on our mission to be the first payment choice, everywhere and every day.