Before we dive into the role, let’s talk about flexibility. Our Zipsters can choose where and when they work by taking full advantage of our hybrid-work environment. So whether you’re mostly remote, mostly in the office or a mix of the two, you’ll be empowered to do whatever brings out your best.
We are Zip, a global Buy Now, Pay Later company providing fair and seamless solutions that simplify how millions of people pay. Our journey began in Australia, has taken us to 14 countries (so far) - and we’re just getting started.
We exist to create a world where people can live fearlessly today, knowing they’re in control of tomorrow. Focused on product innovation that puts people at the centre, we put the financial well-being of our customers and merchant partners at the heart of everything that we do.
About the role
As our Collections Specialist and reporting to the Team Lead of Collections you will be the voice of our collections team, as you will be directly liaising with our customers. In this role you build relationships with our clients to understand and support their needs in line with our business model while dealing with potentially difficult and challenging situations.
If you’re excited at the prospect of developing your collaborative, analytical and communication skill sets in addition to working with one of the biggest pioneers in Fintech, Zip is the perfect home for you.
What you will own and support:
- Securing payment from customers whilst maintaining strong relationships
- Providing support to our financial distress customers and agreeing on a reasonable repayment option in-line with our internal collections policy
- Perform all administrative duties related to ensuring collections efficiency
- Interacting with customers on a daily basis, over the phone and by email
- Having the ability to assist multiple clients, responding to queries in a timely and professional manner and solving customers’ problems and providing excellent service
- Handling inbound customer queries related to payments
- Working independently to build trust and negotiate repayment solutions with customers, monitoring repayments, liaising with the DCA department on client queries
- Creating, maintaining and running daily reports on outstanding debt, ensuring accuracy and updating on progress
- Supporting the team with the management of Vulnerable Customer cases to ensure fair and appropriate treatment and adherence to internal policies
- Working with the Team Leader of Collections to update systems and policies, monitor results and input into strategic development.
- Processing ad-hoc payments
- Having the ability to remain tactful and calm when having a difficult conversation with a customer
- Resilient, empathetic, collaborative, detail-oriented, and self-motivated with excellent organisational, time and project management skills
To help us level up, you'll bring:
- 3+ years experience within a collections or telephone experience in a similar role or have transferable skills from a customer facing role
- Understanding of the debt collection processes
- Sound knowledge of collection techniques and familiarity with relevant regulatory requirements including ACCC debt guidelines and NCCPA
- Strong negotiation and communication skills when dealing with impaired accounts
- Sound problem solving capabilities
- Strong organisation and time management skills, with the ability to manage your own workload while working as part of a close-knit, successful team
- Our values in your DNA: Customer First, Own It, Stronger Together and Change the Game
We’re proud to be a values-led business. They guide us in everything we do - how we work together and create game-changing experiences for our customers and fellow Zipsters.
If you only meet some of the requirements for this role, that's okay. We value a diverse range of backgrounds and ideas and believe this is fundamental for our future success. So, if you have the curiosity to learn and the willingness to teach what you know, we'd love to hear from you.
We pride ourselves on creating an inclusive workplace that provides equal opportunities to all persons regardless of their age, cultural background, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, veteran status, or anything else.
What’s in it for you?
As a Zipster, you’ll enjoy heaps of unique perks and benefits to support you at work and beyond. Here’s just a taste of what you can expect when you join the #Zipfam!
- Flexible working culture, giving you the choice on how and where you work
- Funding and up to 2 days leave for your professional development
- 25 days paid leave annually, including birthday leave and quarterly wellbeing days
- Work from anywhere, globally or domestically, for up to 4 weeks per year (eligibility depends on the nature of your role)
- 16 weeks paid parental leave for primary carers, and 4 weeks for supporting carers
- Family support policies including miscarriage bereavement leave and domestic violence leave
- Mental health and wellbeing initiatives, including $299 annual wellbeing allowance, free fitness classes, and discounted gym membership
- 2 days paid volunteering leave per year
- Fee-free Zip products, and discounts with Zip merchant partners (AU)
- Share incentive programs, to give you skin in the game
- Team social events, epic offices, free breakfast daily, and weekly free lunches (Sydney)
We want to make sure our recruitment processes are accessible and inclusive for all people. If there's any adjustments that need to be made to ensure you have a fair and equal experience in our recruitment process please let your Talent Acquisition Partner know. We are also a proud 2022 Circle Back initiative employer and commit to respond to every applicant.
Join us on our mission to be the first payment choice, everywhere and every day.