Before we dive into the role, let’s talk about flexibility. At Zip, our office is in New York City but we can hire from anywhere across the United States. Our Zipsters can choose where and when they work by taking full advantage of our hybrid-work environment.
So whether you’re fully remote, mostly in the office or a mix of the two, you’ll be empowered to do whatever brings out your best.
We are Zip, a global Buy Now, Pay Later company providing fair and seamless solutions that simplify how millions of people pay. Our journey began in Australia, has taken us to 14 countries (so far) - and we’re just getting started.
We exist to create a world where people can live fearlessly today, knowing they’re in control of tomorrow. Focused on product innovation that puts people at the centre, we put the financial well-being of our customers and merchant partners at the heart of everything that we do.
About the role
As a Risk Lead on the Risk Team, you will collaborate with Risk, Product, and Engineering teams to build out capabilities that allow us to deliver a best in class product experience while simultaneously delivering a world class risk decisioning platform. You will focus on leveraging internal and external data, both traditional and alternative, to determine eligibility and exposure limits that will both increase growth and mitigate financial losses.
You will collaborate closely with all parts of the organization, especially senior leadership, on projects that will directly affect the company's bottom line and you will directly impact the success of the company.
We are looking for highly motivated individuals who will help construct and refine Zip’s dynamic risk strategies now and in the future.
What your day will look like?
- Oversee and manage the monthly and quarterly analysis of the portfolio and own end to end reporting process.
- Portfolio monitoring and tracking to identify the key risk trends and implement strategies to mitigate the risk.
- Work closely with the Leadership team and drive the risk strategy and communicate findings effectively to cross-functional partners.
- Review credit underwriting process by closely evaluating model current methodology, assumptions, implementation, controls, and documentation
- Work with various cross-functional teams to implement and effectively monitor the risk strategy performance.
- Manage risk governance documentation including credit policies and procedures. Document changes to the process, procedures and documents.
To help us level up, you'll ideally have:
- Quantitative background in engineering, statistics, math, economics, business, or related disciplines.
- 10 or more years’ experience in analyzing data and using database query language (e.g. SQL) analysis and programming and developer tools such as Python, R , databricks in a finance or analytics field. Financial services (consumer lending) or consulting experience is strongly preferred
- Possesses strong communication, interpersonal and presentation skills; and ability to engage and collaborate with multiple stakeholders across teams.
- Possesses analytical mindset and strong problem-solving skills. Attention to detail and ability to multitask.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and dealing with ambiguity.
- Extremely proactive communicator willing to raise flags when needed and keep team members informed of ongoing risk or fraud related activities.
- Experience with regulatory compliance, such as FCRA is a plus but not critical.
- Our values in your DNA: Customer First, Own It, Stronger Together and Change the Game
We’re proud to be a values-led business. They guide us in everything we do - how we work together and create game-changing experiences for our customers and fellow Zipsters.
If you only meet some of the requirements for this role, that's okay. We value a diverse range of backgrounds and ideas and believe this is fundamental for our future success. So, if you have the curiosity to learn and the willingness to teach what you know, we'd love to hear from you.
We pride ourselves on creating an inclusive workplace that provides equal opportunities to all persons regardless of their age, cultural background, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, veteran status, or anything else.
What’s in it for you?
We offer a variety of perks and benefits to support you at both work and home. Here’s a taste of what you can expect!
● Flexible working culture
● Share incentive programs
● 20 days PTO every year
● Generous paid parental leave
● Leading family support policies
● 100% employer covered insurance
● Beautiful Midtown office with a casual dress code
● Learning and wellness subscription stipend
● Company-sponsored 401k match
● Remote First Friendly!
We want to make sure our recruitment processes are accessible and inclusive for all people. If there's any adjustments that need to be made to ensure you have a fair and equal experience in our recruitment process please let your Talent Acquisition Partner know. We are also a proud 2022 Circle Back initiative employer and commit to respond to every applicant.
Join us on our mission to be the first payment choice, everywhere and every day.