Before we dive into the role, let’s talk about flexibility. Our Zipsters can choose where and when they work by taking full advantage of our hybrid-work environment. So whether you’re mostly remote, mostly in the office or a mix of the two, you’ll be empowered to do whatever brings out your best.
We are Zip, a global Buy Now, Pay Later company providing fair and seamless solutions that simplify how millions of people pay. Our journey began in Australia, has taken us to 13 countries (so far) - and we’re just getting started.
We exist to create a world where people can live fearlessly today, knowing they’re in control of tomorrow. Focused on product innovation that puts people at the centre, we put the financial well-being of our customers and merchant partners at the heart of everything that we do.
About the role
The backbone of every excellent company is their quality customer service and the Customer Experience team. Zip is one of Australia’s fastest growing Fintechs and is looking for an energetic specialist to help serve as the first touch point for our users. You will own customer initial inquiries and will manage the interactions or escalate the customer inquiry to the correct internal team.
Through operating as the customer’s primary point of contact, their internal voice and the company’s external ear, you will serve a pivotal role in enriching every facet of the Zip experience as well as develop a nuanced view of multiple branches of the business.
If you’re excited at the prospect of running with an awesome team, developing your communication skill sets in addition to working with one of the biggest pioneers in Fintech, Zip Co is the perfect home for you.
What you'll own and support:
- Have a customer first mindset with an obsession over attention to their experience
- Be our customer’s primary point of contact, as the customer’s internal voice and our external ear
- Follow internal workflows and processes carefully with a strong attention to detail
- Take ownership of customer feedback, complaints and resolving general inquiries
- Help drive positive change throughout the business by identifying and solving customer issues and proposing next level process improvements
- Manage inbound/outbound customer calls and tickets and escalate requests to other team members
- Have the confidence to manage customer interactions and transform our customers into lifelong users
To help us level up, you'll bring:
- 6-12+ months experience in a customer service or customer facing role
- Is willing and passionate about working in a team, exchanging their ideas and knowledge and helping their peers
- Problem solver who thinks fast and on their feet
- Adaptable and comfortable taking directions
- Be familiar with following customer service workflows and procedures
- Ability to manage change
- Ability to work on a rotating roster across Monday-Sunday, 7AM-7PM
- Ability to work on a hybrid work model, predominantly based in our head office in Sydney!
We’re proud to be a values-led business. They guide us in everything we do - how we work together and create game-changing experiences for our customers and fellow Zipsters.
If you only meet some of the requirements for this role, that's okay. We value a diverse range of backgrounds and ideas and believe this is fundamental for our future success. So, if you have the curiosity to learn and the willingness to teach what you know, we'd love to hear from you.
We pride ourselves on creating an inclusive workplace that provides equal opportunities to all persons regardless of their age, cultural background, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, veteran status, or anything else.
What’s in it for you?
As a Zipster, you’ll enjoy heaps of unique perks and benefits to support you at work and beyond. Here’s just a taste of what you can expect when you join the #Zipfam!
- Flexible working culture, giving you the choice on how and where you work
- Funding and up to 2 days leave for your professional development
- 25 days paid leave annually, including birthday leave and quarterly wellbeing days
- 16 weeks paid parental leave for primary carers, and 4 weeks for supporting carers
- Family support policies including miscarriage bereavement leave and domestic violence leave
- Mental health and wellbeing initiatives, including $299 annual wellbeing allowance, free fitness classes, and discounted gym membership
- 2 days paid volunteering leave per year
- Fee-free Zip products, and discounts with Zip merchant partners (AU)
- Share incentive programs, to give you skin in the game
- Team social events, epic offices, free breakfast daily, and weekly free lunches (Sydney)
We want to make sure our recruitment processes are accessible and inclusive for all people. If there's any adjustments that need to be made to ensure you have a fair and equal experience in our recruitment process please let your Talent Acquisition Partner know. We are also a proud 2022 Circle Back initiative employer and commit to respond to every applicant.
Join us on our mission to be the first payment choice, everywhere and every day.