Before we dive into the role, let’s talk about flexibility. Our Zipsters can choose where and when they work by taking full advantage of our hybrid-work environment. So whether you’re mostly remote, mostly in the office or a mix of the two, you’ll be empowered to do whatever brings out your best.
We are Zip, a global Buy Now, Pay Later company providing fair and seamless solutions that simplify how millions of people pay. Our journey began in Australia, has taken us to multiple different markets and we’re just getting started.
We exist to create a world where people can live fearlessly today, knowing they’re in control of tomorrow. Focused on product innovation that puts people at the centre, we put the financial well-being of our customers and merchant partners at the heart of everything that we do.
Our Platform Engineers act as subject matter experts in cloud infrastructure and CICD operations, supporting Zip’s product development teams to leverage the platform and tooling to build, deliver and maintain our customer-facing products.
You'll be working with a mix of tools and technologies to build and maintain the platform and tooling, supporting reliable and streamlined delivery of applications and services.
This will require you to deploy and maintain infrastructure as code to meet business requirements, implement monitoring and alerting covering infrastructure and services, and be proactive in by identifying gaps, prioritising and making suggestions.
You’ll also design and build deployment pipelines in collaboration with development teams, recommend and assist with architectural changes to improve performance and reliability, and explore new technologies and share your findings with the engineering team
We work in a team with a “team-first” mentality, which means we’d love you to perform effective code reviews and help in coaching junior engineers, as well as educate developers about tools and practices.
You will see the impact of your work and the value you are providing quickly, and a year at Zip will help you learn valuable skills that often take much longer to learn elsewhere.
To help us level up, we’ll need you to bring:
- Advanced knowledge of AWS cloud services and Kubernetes administration
- Expertise in Linux and shell scripting
- Solid knowledge of infrastructure as code tools, such as Terraform
- Solid understanding of networking and security
- Experience implementing infrastructure and service monitoring and alerting
- Experience with CI/CD tooling such as Gitlab, Bitbucket, CI, TeamCity or Octopus
Any of the following is a plus - and you’ll get to learn it in the role!
- Experience in service mesh technologies such as Linkerd or Istio
- Experience with messaging platforms such as Kafka and MSMQ
- Experience in disaster recovery planning
- Knowledge of SRE and observability best practices
We’re proud to be a values-led business. They guide us in everything we do - how we work together and create game-changing experiences for our customers and fellow Zipsters.
If you only meet some of the requirements for this role, that's okay. We value a diverse range of backgrounds and ideas and believe this is fundamental for our future success. So, if you have the curiosity to learn and the willingness to teach what you know, we'd love to hear from you.
We pride ourselves on creating an inclusive workplace that provides equal opportunities to all persons regardless of their age, cultural background, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, veteran status, or anything else.
What’s in it for you?
As a Zipster, you’ll enjoy heaps of unique perks and benefits to support you at work and beyond. Here’s just a taste of what you can expect when you join the #Zipfam!
- Flexible working culture, giving you the choice on how and where you work
- Funding and up to 2 days leave for your professional development
- 25 days paid leave annually, including birthday leave and quarterly wellbeing days
- 16 weeks paid parental leave for primary carers, and 4 weeks for supporting carers
- Family support policies including miscarriage bereavement leave and domestic violence leave
- Mental health and wellbeing initiatives, including $299 annual wellbeing allowance, free fitness classes, and discounted gym membership
- 2 days paid volunteering leave per year
- Fee-free Zip products, and discounts with Zip merchant partners (AU)
- Share incentive programs, to give you skin in the game
- Team social events, epic offices, free breakfast daily, and weekly free lunches (Sydney)
We want to make sure our recruitment processes are accessible and inclusive for all people. If there's any adjustments that need to be made to ensure you have a fair and equal experience in our recruitment process please let your Talent Acquisition Partner know. We are also a proud 2022 Circle Back initiative employer and commit to respond to every applicant.
Join us on our mission to be the first payment choice, everywhere and every day.