Before we dive into the role, let’s talk about flexibility. Our Zipsters can choose where and when they work by taking full advantage of our hybrid-work environment. So whether you’re mostly remote, mostly in the office or a mix of the two, you’ll be empowered to do whatever brings out your best.
We are Zip, a global Buy Now, Pay Later company providing fair and seamless solutions that simplify how millions of people pay. Our journey began in Australia, has taken us to 13 countries (so far) - and we’re just getting started.
We exist to create a world where people can live fearlessly today, knowing they’re in control of tomorrow. Focused on product innovation that puts people at the centre, we put the financial well-being of our customers and merchant partners at the heart of everything that we do.
About the role
As a Credit Analyst in our Underwriting Team, you will help empower Zip’s ethical and responsible credit practices by taking the lead on credit analysis and decisioning on our products. You will employ both exemplary customer service and analytical skills as a representative of the brand.
You’ll utilise multiple comprehensive data and technology tools to assess credit applications in just minutes, enabling us to provide a market-leading service level and customer experience.
If you’re excited at the prospect of developing your collaborative, analytical and communication skill sets in addition to working with one of the biggest pioneers in Fintech, Zip is the perfect home for you.
What you'll own and support:
- Assess line of credit applications within the company’s credit policy guidelines.
- Ability to analyse application data to determine creditworthiness and approval amounts.
- Liaise with customers when required to ensure a high level of credit analysis and decisioning.
- Proactively seek to improve credit risk and control standards.
- Assist with additional Credit-related ad-hoc tasks as required.
To help us level up, you'll bring:
- Proven loans assessment experience in the customer credit or banking sectors, preferably dealing with personal loans and credit cards.
- Sound problem-solving, analytical and decision-making skills.
- Strong worth ethic and ability to work collaboratively.
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced, high volume environment.
- Collaborate with other areas of the business to improve categorisation on banking data, optimise existing lending rules and improve processes for Zip and customers alike.
- Work closely with the Customer Service & Risk teams on a daily basis.
- Flexibility - Zip operates 7 days a week so may require you to work the occasional weekend shift.
We’re proud to be a values-led business. They guide us in everything we do - how we work together and create game-changing experiences for our customers and fellow Zipsters.
If you only meet some of the requirements for this role, that's okay. We value a diverse range of backgrounds and ideas and believe this is fundamental for our future success. So, if you have the curiosity to learn and the willingness to teach what you know, we'd love to hear from you.
We pride ourselves on creating an inclusive workplace that provides equal opportunities to all persons regardless of their age, cultural background, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, veteran status, or anything else.
What’s in it for you?
As a Zipster, you’ll enjoy heaps of unique perks and benefits to support you at work and beyond. Here’s just a taste of what you can expect when you join the #Zipfam!
- Flexible working culture, giving you the choice on how and where you work
- Funding and up to 2 days leave for your professional development
- 25 days paid leave annually, including birthday leave and quarterly wellbeing days
- 16 weeks paid parental leave for primary carers, and 4 weeks for supporting carers
- Family support policies including miscarriage bereavement leave and domestic violence leave
- Mental health and wellbeing initiatives, including $299 annual wellbeing allowance, free fitness classes, and discounted gym membership
- 2 days paid volunteering leave per year
- Fee-free Zip products, and discounts with Zip merchant partners (AU)
- Share incentive programs, to give you skin in the game
- Team social events, epic offices, free breakfast daily, and weekly free lunches (Sydney)
We want to make sure our recruitment processes are accessible and inclusive for all people. If there's any adjustments that need to be made to ensure you have a fair and equal experience in our recruitment process please let your Talent Acquisition Partner know. We are also a proud 2022 Circle Back initiative employer and commit to respond to every applicant.
Join us on our mission to be the first payment choice, everywhere and every day.