Before we dive into the role, let’s talk about flexibility. Our Zipsters can choose where and when they work by taking full advantage of our hybrid-work environment. So whether you’re mostly remote, mostly in the office or a mix of the two, you’ll be empowered to do whatever brings out your best.
We are Zip, a global Buy Now, Pay Later company providing fair and seamless solutions that simplify how millions of people pay. Our journey began in Australia, has taken us to 14 countries (so far) - and we’re just getting started.
We exist to create a world where people can live fearlessly today, knowing they’re in control of tomorrow. Focused on product innovation that puts people at the centre, we put the financial well-being of our customers and merchant partners at the heart of everything that we do.
Reporting to the Global Director of Taxation, this is a newly created role within our AU finance organization!
Operating in a fast-growing Australian & NZ fintech market with specialized FS rules, we need a highly-experienced tax professional to own the ANZ GST compliance and partner with the business to advise on the GST implications of new projects.
In this role you will own:
- GST Compliance advisory process improvement
- Detailed review and sign off on the Australian & NZ GST returns, including implementation of improvement procedures, ensuring tax invoice compliance, GST controls management, implementing the GST manual
- ATO/IRD Management
- Responsibility for preparing for and managing ATO & IRD GST risk reviews, requests for information
- Tax admin / GST payments
- Working with external BAS agent to ensure their work is compliant with the ownership of the compliance internalized.
- Projects: Supporting the Finance Systems team with the implementation of a new ERP system including a review of GST codes, system automated controls, automation of GST compliance, and ensuring overall GST compliance.
To help us level up, you'll bring:
- Solid taxation related experience in chartered and ASX or large business environments
- Previous experience in financial services or fintech with a strong knowledge of complex FS GST concepts
- Strong understanding of FS GST concepts including reverse charge, apportionment methodology determinations, calculation of recovery rates, RITCs, GST recovery on M&A transaction costs, securitization vehicles etc.
- CA / CPA qualification (Masters of Tax preferred)
- Strong GST compliance skills with an ability to take on new knowledge and implement compliance on that new knowledge
- Ability to communicate GST issues effectively to both accountants and non-accountants in a simple and clear manner.
We’re proud to be a values-led business. They guide us in everything we do - how we work together and create game-changing experiences for our customers and fellow Zipsters.
If you only meet some of the requirements for this role, that's okay. We value a diverse range of backgrounds and ideas and believe this is fundamental for our future success. So, if you have the curiosity to learn and the willingness to teach what you know, we'd love to hear from you.
We pride ourselves on creating an inclusive workplace that provides equal opportunities to all persons regardless of their age, cultural background, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, veteran status, or anything else.
What’s in it for you?
As a Zipster, you’ll enjoy heaps of unique perks and benefits to support you at work and beyond. Here’s just a taste of what you can expect when you join the #Zipfam!
- Flexible working culture, giving you the choice on how and where you work
- Funding and up to 2 days leave for your professional development
- 25 days paid leave annually, including birthday leave and quarterly wellbeing days
- Work from anywhere, globally or domestically, for up to 4 weeks per year (eligibility depends on the nature of your role)
- 16 weeks paid parental leave for primary carers, and 4 weeks for supporting carers
- Family support policies including miscarriage bereavement leave and domestic violence leave
- Mental health and wellbeing initiatives, including $299 annual wellbeing allowance, free fitness classes, and discounted gym membership
- 2 days paid volunteering leave per year
- Fee-free Zip products, and discounts with Zip merchant partners (AU)
- Share incentive programs, to give you skin in the game
- Team social events, epic offices, free breakfast daily, and weekly free lunches (Sydney)
We want to make sure our recruitment processes are accessible and inclusive for all people. If there's any adjustments that need to be made to ensure you have a fair and equal experience in our recruitment process please let your Talent Acquisition Partner know. We are also a proud 2022 Circle Back initiative employer and commit to respond to every applicant.
Join us on our mission to be the first payment choice, everywhere and every day.