We are moving to a new Payments App! If you are an existing merchant using our previous App, please refer to this section
1. Locate Your Zip Merchant Credentials
To integrate Zip into your Shopify website, you will need the following Zip Merchant Credentials:
– Client ID
– Client Secret
These credentials are provided upon integration, however, if you’re unable to locate these, please contact us at [email protected]
2. Add Zip as a Payment Method
Please note that only the store owner account is authorised to add payment methods on Shopify
– Click here to install Zip onto Shopify
– Click “Install app”
– Once prompted to the Zip setup page, please input the ‘Client ID’ and ‘Client Secret’ provided by us into the appropriate fields then click ‘Save’.
– Zip should now be available at checkout!
3. Install the Zip assets Widgets App
– Please head to this link to install our widgets app, where you can customize which widgets you’d like to display on your theme
– At the configuration menu, please ensure ‘New Zealand’ is selected, while the Merchant ID/Public Key field can be kept blank
Please note that this app may not be compatible with your Shopify theme and we recommend running through functions such as the add to cart button and checkout after the installation is complete.
4. Add the Zip Landing Page
Create a landing page (static web page) to educate customer about Zip, while also providing access for customers to pre-apply for their Zip account.
What does the Zip landing page look like?
– In the Shopify admin page, navigate to Online Store > Pages > Add Page.
– In the ‘Title‘ field, enter:
Zip – Own it now, pay in 4
– Click on the “<> (Show HTML)” button to access the HTML view.
<zip-information instore="false" online="true" faqs="true"></zip-information><script src="https://zip.co/nz/assets/landing.js"></script>
– Click ‘Save’.
5. Add Menu Link to Zip Landing Page
Add a link to the Zip Landing Page in the header/footer menus so customers can access the page.
– In the Shopify admin page, navigate to Online Store > Navigation.
– Select the menu you wish to update.
– Click ‘Add menu item‘.
– In the ‘Name’ field, enter:
– Click the ‘Link’ box and select ‘Pages‘, then select the Zip landing page that you just created.
– Click ‘Add‘.
– Click ‘Save menu‘.
Deactivating the old Zip Payment App
As our old Zip App will soon be deprecated, it is advised that you switch to the newer App found here
To avoid a double-up of Zip at checkout, please navigate to Settings > Payments > Scroll to the Supported payment methods section, select the old Zip payment method, ‘Zip NZ’ and click ‘Deactivate’
Please be advised that as long as the old Zip app remains deactivated (not uninstalled), Zip orders processed using the old Zip App can continue to be refunded directly through Shopify.
If you require your Client ID and Client Secret, please reach out to our integrations team, as the Merchant ID and API Token can no longer be utilised for this new App.
If you need further assistance, please contact us at [email protected]