If you’re a Zip Australian Partner, please refer to the Zip AU docs found here
Locate Your Zip Merchant Credentials
To integrate Zip into your OpenCart website, you will need the following Zip Merchant Credentials:
– Client ID
– Client Secret
These credentials are provided upon integration, however, if you’re unable to locate these, please contact us at [email protected]
Add Zip as a Payment Method
Please make sure your OpenCart version is 2.0+ as we don’t support previous versions
– Download and extract the .zip file
– In the left-hand menu, navigate to Extensions > Extension Installer
– Click ‘Upload’ and select the .ocmod zip file appropriate to your OpenCart version
Not sure what your OpenCart version is? You can usually find it at the bottom of your OpenCart admin page
– Click ‘Continue’ if you have files that need be overwritten (this will show if you’ve used our plugin previously)
– In the left-hand menu, navigate to Extensions > Payments*
*Top Image: OpenCart Version 2.3+ | Bottom Image: OpenCart Version below 2.3
– Near the bottom of the list, locate the Zip Payment extension
– To install the Zip extension, click the green install button on the right-hand side
– To start configuring the Zip credentials, click the blue edit button on the right-hand side
Configure the Extension settings
Fill the fields with the following values:
|Test mode||For Production mode: No
For Sandbox mode: Yes
|Client ID||<Provided by us>|
|Client Secret||<Provided by us>|
|Success Order Status||Complete by default|
– Click the blue save button on the top right corner to save these changes
Add the Zip Landing Page
Create a landing page (static web page) to educate customer about Zip, while also providing access for customers to pre-apply for their Zip account.
What does the Zip landing page look like?
– In the OpenCart admin page, navigate to Catalogue < Information.
– Click on the blue plus icon on the top right of the page.
– Click on the ‘General‘ tab.
– In the ‘Information Title‘ field, enter:
Zip – Own it now, pay in 4
– In the ‘Description‘ section, click on the “</>” button to access the HTML code view.
– Copy the Zip Landing Page code below, and paste it into the HTML code view field:
<zip-information instore="true" online="true" faqs="true"></zip-information> <script src="https://zip.co/nz/assets/landing.js?v=1.0"></script>
– You can set either instore=”true” online=”true” to false if you do not wish to see specific panels
– In the ‘Meta Tag Title‘ field, enter the following:
Zip – Own it now – pay in 4
– Select the ‘Data tab‘ and fill out the following fields with:
Sort Order: 5
– Click on the blue save button on the top right.
If you need further assistance, please contact us at [email protected]