Please make sure your OpenCart version is 2.0+ as we don’t support previous versions
Locate Your Zip Merchant Credentials
To integrate Zip into your OpenCart website, you will need the following Zip Merchant Credentials:
– Client ID
– Client Secret
These credentials should have been sent to you by email, however, if you’re unable to locate them, please contact us at email@example.com
Add Zip as a Payment Method
– Download and extract the .zip file
– In the left-hand menu, navigate to Extensions > Extension Installer
– Click ‘Upload’ and select the .ocmod zip file appropriate to your OpenCart version
– Click ‘Continue’ if you have files that need be overwritten (this will show if you’ve used our plugin previously)
– In the left-hand menu, navigate to Extensions > Payments*
*Top Image: OpenCart Version 2.3+ | Bottom Image: OpenCart Version below 2.3
– Near the bottom of the list, locate the Zip Payment extension
– To install the Zip extension, click the green install button on the right-hand side
– To start configuring the Zip credentials, click the blue edit button on the right-hand side
Configure the Extension settings
Fill the fields with the following values:
|Test mode||For Production mode: No
For Sandbox mode: Yes
|Client ID||<Provided by us>|
|Client Secret||<Provided by us>|
|Success Order Status||Complete by default|
– Click the blue save button on the top right corner to save these changes
Add the Zip Landing Page
Create a landing page (static web page) to educate customer about Zip, while also providing access for customers to pre-apply for their Zip account.
What does the Zip landing page look like?
– In the OpenCart admin page, navigate to Catalogue < Information.
– Click on the blue plus icon on the top right of the page.
– Click on the ‘General‘ tab.
– In the ‘Information Title‘ field, enter:
Zip – Own it now, pay in 4
– In the ‘Description‘ section, click on the “</>” button to access the HTML code view.
– Copy the Zip Landing Page code below, and paste it into the HTML code view field:
<zip-information instore="true" online="true" faqs="true"></zip-information> <script src="https://zip.co/nz/assets/landing.js?v=1.0"></script>
– You can set either instore=”true” online=”true” to false if you do not wish to see specific panels
– In the ‘Meta Tag Title‘ field, enter the following:
Zip – Own it now – pay in 4
– Select the ‘Data tab‘ and fill out the following fields with:
Sort Order: 5
– Click on the blue save button on the top right.
If you need further assistance, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org