- Lead and support the development and delivery of accurate and timely financial reporting, including monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements and management reports, for a fast-growing and dynamic company
- Partner with cross-functional teams to identify and implement process improvements, ensure compliance with financial regulations, and support strategic decision-making
- Remote-first opportunity for US-based employees with the option to work in-person out of our Manhattan office
Start your adventure with Zip
Zip is looking for an exceptional Assistant Financial Controller with a passion for finance and a keen, curiosity led approach to support the wider team. As an Assistant Financial Controller on our Finance team, you will report to the Controller. In this role you will support world class financial reporting for a fast-growing dynamic company. In addition, you will work with the US Finance team and the Global Finance team, as well as coordinate with cross-function business partners to support continuing Company growth and pursuit of excellence.
Interesting problems you'll get to solve
- Achieve results through the team by providing strong leadership, clear communication, mentorship, prioritization and motivation
- Ensure funding facility covenants reporting are done timely and are not breached
- US Month-end close to deadlines
- Own Internal Controls - identify and close gaps, document and ensure they are being complied with with
- Continue to evolve and document accounting/business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls and gain efficiencies
- Balance Sheet accuracy and substantiation
- Monitor financial activities and investigate & report variances
- Review financial data provided by other cross-function teams and identify and investigate issues and anomalies as part of the month-end close, tracking issues to their resolution
- Collaboration with other teams within Global and US Finance to deliver on financial & management reporting, audits, local statutory
- Support the FP&A team with inputs into forecast and budgets
- Become a subject matter expert on key processes & systems impacting financial accuracy
- Develop and maintain working relationships with business partners and cross-functional teams at multiple levels within the organization
- Support new business development and reporting as needed
- Research accounting pronouncements as needed
- Aid and/or train other team members as needed
- Complete any Ad-Hoc projects that are assigned
What you'll bring to the team
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP, IFRS also beneficial
- Proven ability to develop a high performance team - strong coaching and interpersonal skills
- Comfort with ambiguity; Independent thinker who is happiest in the ‘grey’ – Zip is a fast-moving, agile organization and you need to be comfortable with little structure or precedent
- Ability to adapt to a changing, fast-paced environment
- Excellent knowledge of accounting & financial principles and how business decisions impact financial statements
- Strong analytical skills with superior attention to detail
- Deadline driven
- High-level intermediate to advanced Excel skills
- Ability to successfully manage multiple competing priorities while maintaining a view of the big picture
- Robust interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to interact with various management levels and influence others through effective verbal and written communication
- Strong stakeholder management underpinned by effective communication and expectation management skills
- Minimum 7+ years of experience in Accounting or Finance
- CPA or CA qualified
- Big 4 audit experience an advantage
- Ideal, but not essential, experience in the Financial Services / FinTech Industries with exposure to large volumes of transactions a plus
- Our values in your DNA: Customer First, Own It, Stronger Together and Change the Game
What success looks like
- Monthly financial statements delivered within deadlines with no material errors found at audit
- Robust monthly analysis of MoM and relationship between financial statement accounts, including key Balance sheet reconciliations
- Strong relationships with partners across the finance team and organization
- Able to lead small team driving responsive and proactive customer service
- Demonstration of ability to understand key drivers of financial information and financial statement impacts
- Clear communication of issues and options for solutions
What you’ll get in return
Zip is a place where you’ll get out what you put in. The newness of our sector means we need to move at pace and embrace change, and our promise to you when you join the team is that you’ll feel empowered and trusted to make big things happen quickly.
We want you to feel welcome and as though you have the support to be yourself, and care for yourself at work. Because it’s important to us that you make the most of the opportunities you’ll get to grow your skills and your career, and be surrounded by smart, friendly people and leaders that have your back.
We think these are just some of the best things about being a Zipster. We will also offer you:
- Flexible working culture
- Incentive programs
- 20 days PTO every year
- Generous paid parental leave
- Leading family support policies
- 100% employer covered insurance
- Beautiful Midtown office with a casual dress code
- Learning and wellness subscription stipend
- Company-sponsored 401k match
The Pay Range for this position: $125,100 - $172,638 USD based on the industry benchmark for position, function, level and Zip's compensation strategies. However, actual base salary will depend on varying circumstances and individualized factors, such as job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and other objective business considerations.
Subject to those same considerations, the total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, including a bonus and/or equity awards, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits.
Be a part of a team that reflects the diversity of our customers
We pride ourselves on being a workplace that provides equal opportunities to people of all ages, cultural backgrounds, sexual orientations, gender identities, abilities, veteran status, and everything else that makes you unique.
Equally, we’re committed to ensuring our recruitment processes are accessible and inclusive. Please let us know If there are any adjustments that need to be made to ensure you have a fair and equitable experience.
And finally…get to know us
Zip is a global ‘Buy Now, Pay Later’ company that gives our millions of customers simpler and fairer ways to pay.
We are proud to be a global business built around our US and ANZ core markets working with merchant partners including Amazon, Best Buy, eBay and Uber. United by our mission, purpose and values - Customer First, Own It, Stronger Together & Change The Game - we are the next generation of payments, helping people across the globe to fearlessly take control of their financial future.
We are Zip, and we are just getting started.
I acknowledge by clicking "Submit Application", that the information provided is true and correct. I also understand that any willful dishonesty may render for refusal of this application or immediate termination of employment. By providing your information, you acknowledge that you have read our Zip Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice and authorize Zip to process your data subject to those terms.
We are a proud 2023 Circle Back initiative employer and will respond to every applicant.
- United States