Same Zip, New Look.
The new Zip brand is coming. From mid-August, Zip will have a new truly fearless, brand look and feel - one that consumers and merchants will recognise no matter where they are.
You’ll see this change everywhere you see Zip, from the way we look to the purpose that drives us.
Download the new assets for your website
Get ready for the global, customer facing launch of our fearless new brand by downloading the brand guidelines, logos and other assets for your website.
Why is Zip rebranding and what does it mean?
- Following 12 months of rapid expansion, Zip now operates in 11 countries and serves more than 7.3m customers, who can pay for their purchases in instalments, interest-free. Zip works with over 51k merchants around the world, allowing them to offer flexible payment terms to consumers and driving traffic to merchant’s businesses through its app and online channels.
- From August 16 in New Zealand, Zip will have a new brand look and purpose.
- Our new brand will be recognised by consumers and merchants, no matter where they are.
- We’ll be making a big investment in brand awareness, both globally and in New Zealand, to support our merchants where they need it.
When exactly will the rebrand happen?
The new Zip brand will be officially launched in New Zealand on Monday 16 August 2021, with all brand platforms, such as the Zip.co/nz website, mobile app and checkout flows, changing to the new brand on this day.
Leading up to this time, we will be connecting you – our Merchants and Partners – with all the information you need to get your own websites, stores and other channels ready for the new brand launch on August 16.
How will the rebrand impact my business?
- As a company, we’re on a significant growth trajectory and we want our merchants and partners to grow with us. As we continue to invest in our new brand and in the awareness of Buy Now Pay Later, we want to give merchants and partners the ability to leverage our brand and experience to drive more sales.
- We aren’t changing what we do – your existing Zip account, login details, and merchant portal will remain the same. There will be no technical changes needed as part of this rebrand.
- We’re simply asking that you update any Zip branding on, or as soon as possible after, August 16. Many eCommerce platforms such as Shopify will allow us to update your website assets automatically, but we will be in touch in the coming weeks with specific details based on your specific needs.
What do I need to do instore to be ready for the rebrand?
- We will organise for new instore brand packs with window stickers and other collateral to be sent out to all stores, containing all the details on how to install the assets.
- We’ll be in touch in the coming days and weeks to share more information and timing on this.
What do I need to do online to be ready for the rebrand?
- All Zip branded assets, including website home page, product page, cart, checkout, landing page and emails, will need to be updated to the new brand on, or as soon as possible after, August 16.
- Many Zip partners use Zip hosted assets across their websites which will mean we can automatically update them for you on launch day – but if you have any custom assets these will need to be updated, we can support with this.
- A link to download our new logos, fonts and brand guidelines will be sent to you in the coming weeks.
What support/resources will be available to help my business with the transition?
- We are here to make this update easy. We will be in touch to make sure you have everything you need including reminders on what needs to change on your end and by when, and recommendations on how you can improve checkout conversion.
- A link to download our new logos, fonts and brand guidelines will be sent to you in the coming weeks, and this will be specific to your eCommerce platform and whether you offer Zip online, instore, or both.
Got Questions? Get in touch!
We're here to help you through this so if you've got any questions, contact us here, and we'll get back to you.