We do our best to offer all users and users the same fair and transparent treatment of their personal information and do so while committed to abiding by the standards set forth in the Australian Privacy Principles, the General Data Protection Regulation of the European Union, the California Consumer Privacy Act, and any other relevant and applicable law that may affect our users.
What is personal information?
When we refer to “personal information”, we mean information from which your identity is reasonably apparent. This information may include information or an opinion about you.
How do we collect personal information?
We only collect information in connection with the Services that is relevant to our user or recruitment relationship with you. This information is received directly from you or from other sources who you have approved giving us information.
If we collect your personal information from someone else, we will take reasonable steps to ensure that you:
- have been informed that we will collect or have collected that information;
- understand the purposes for which we will collect or have collected that information;
- and are aware how we might use that information or disclose it to other people.
Your telephone calls to us may be monitored or recorded for internal training purposes.
What personal information do we collect in connection with the Services?
The personal information we collect about you may include:
- identifying information, such as your name, postal or email address, telephone numbers, licenses, date of birth, gender details;
- other contact details such as social media handles you use;
- resume, background information or other correspondence;
- work history and education history;
- health information, disabilities and psychometric testing results;
- social media information; and
- other information We consider necessary to our recruitment or labor hire processes, or to provide our products and services.
Why do we collect personal information in connection with the Services and how do we use it?
We collect personal information for the purposes of:
- managing our recruitment relationship with you;
- direct marketing;
- researching and planning for improvement of our products and services;
- complying with our legal and regulatory responsibilities;
- to administer and manage our Websites, including to confirm and authenticate your identity and prevent unauthorized access to restricted areas of the site, premium content, or other services limited to Registered Users;
- to personalize and enrich your browsing experience by displaying content that is more likely to be relevant and of interest to you;
- to sort and analyze user data (such as determining how many users from the same organization have subscribed to or are using the Websites);
- to determine the company, organization, institution, or agency that you work for or with which you are otherwise associated;
- to develop our businesses and services;
- to conduct benchmarking and data analysis including, for example, regarding usage of the Websites and demographics analyses of their users;
- to conduct quality and risk management reviews;
- to understand how people use the features and functions of our Websites in order to improve the user experience;
- any other purposes for which you provided the information to Us.
If we require personal information about you for a specific purpose that is not obvious, we will let you know that purpose at the time the information is collected.
Be aware that if you choose not to provide your personal and/or sensitive information when asked in connection with any recruitment process, We may, or will, be unable to progress any recruitment application or offer of employment or consider You for future opportunities.
How do we collect your personal information in connection with the Services?
Where reasonable and practical, we will collect your personal information directly from you. We may collect information about you that is publicly available, for example from public registers or social media, or made available by third parties. We may also, from time to time, request your consent to collect your information from third-parties such as previous employers or training/educational institutions.
When you choose to register with the Service, we need to process the personal information provided by you so that we can create an account for you. We may collect your personal information to create an account and deliver functionality on our sites and for their technical and functional management. For more information on how your registration on our platform is governed, please visit https://zip.co/terms-of-use.
When might we disclose personal information?
We may disclose your personal information in furtherance of the same purpose for which it was collected.
Apart from the purposes above we do not give your information to any other person or company other than:
- within our corporate group and subsidiary companies;
- on a confidential basis to our agents, contractors and external service providers;
- to entities to whom we outsource some of our functions or that provide information and infrastructure systems to us;
- to any organization providing verification of your identity, including online verification of identity; or
- in other circumstances where you have first consented to the disclosure.
The law requires us to advise you of 'notifiable matters' in relation to how we may use your information. You may request to have these notifiable matters (and this policy) provided to you in an alternative form.
You have the right to request access to the information that we hold about you and make a request for us to correct that information if needed. See 'Access to and correction of your personal information' below.
Website traffic information
Because of the way web communication standards work, when you arrive at or leave our websites, we automatically receive the web address of the site that you came from or are going to. We also collect information on the pages of our website you visit while you are on our websites, the type of browser you use, and the times you access our websites. We use this information to try to understand our users' preferences better and to manage the load on our servers, so as to improve our service and your experience with us.
- remember your customized settings, such as your location, services contents and your sign-in details;
- customize landing page experiences based on your account activity;
- analyze traffic on our website;
- track your behavior when using our website and services to deliver content and advertising which is relevant to your interests;
- track the success of promotional material and advertising campaigns;
- show you interest-based and customized advertising;
- promote trust and safety;
- prevent fraudulent conduct;
- enhance the security of our website and service.
We share cookie information with third-party partners with whom we have a relationship with.
We also allow approved third-party partners including Branch, Facebook, Google, LinkedIn to set cookies or other third-party technologies to collect data when you utilize Zip's services. These third parties may use the data collected from these cookies or other third-party technologies (along with other information they may hold about you, including information from cookies on other webpages) to show you interest-based advertisement on sites across the internet, deliver you with personalized content, measure the effectiveness of their advertising, or perform services on behalf of Zip. Third parties may store and distribute data obtained from cookies or other third-party technology in data centers and systems around the world including outside of your country of residence.
The same way we ask you to opt-in to all our Privacy settings that may collect your Personal Information, you are free to opt-out of receiving cookies and interest based-ads from us and third parties at any time if your browser or browser add-on permits. To locate instructions to opt-out of cookies specific to your browser, select the “help menu” on your browser. Opting out of cookies may interfere with your use of our website and ZIP services. If you opt-out of cookies you may encounter interference with your use of our website and services.
Storing and retaining personal information
We store personal information in electronic or hardcopy form (or both) and use industry standard levels of security to prevent unauthorized access to that information.
Personal information is only accessible to our staff or to authorized service providers with incidental access to supply their services to us.
We do not retain any of your information longer than is required for the recruitment relationship with you or for legal purposes. When we are informed, we will keep the personal information we hold accurate, complete and up to date.
We will only collect sensitive information about you with your consent. Sensitive information is personal information that includes information relating to your racial or ethnic origin, political persuasion, memberships in trade or professional associations or trade unions, sexual preferences, criminal record, or health.
Where it is lawful and practicable, we endeavor to de-identify the personal information we collect about you.
We may use your personal information from time to time to inform you about our current and future products and services, including contacting you by phone, email, SMS or post. You can request that you do not receive direct marketing communications by contacting us by phone on our local number made available to you or by email at [email protected] or by simply clicking “unsubscribe” or “STOP” to any emails or SMS offers or electronic marketing you may receive. We will not charge you for giving effect to your request and will take all reasonable steps to meet your request at the earliest possible opportunity.
Updating your personal information
It is important to us that the personal information we hold about you is accurate and up-to-date. During the course of our relationship with you, we may ask you to inform us if any of your personal information has changed.
If you wish to make any changes to your personal information, you may contact us. We will generally rely on you to ensure the information we hold about you is accurate or complete.
Access to and correction of your personal information
You may access and update any personal information you think we may hold about you at any time by contacting us at the address below.
If you wish to access the personal information we hold about you, we may charge a small fee to cover our costs of supplying that information. We will inform you of this cost at the time you make a request.
If you believe any personal information held by us is inaccurate or out-of-date, you may update that personal information.
Depending on the type of request that you make, we may respond to your request immediately. Otherwise, we usually respond to you within seven days of receiving your request.
If you are requesting us to correct your personal information, where reasonable, and after our investigation, we will provide you with details about whether we have corrected that information within 30 days.
There may be situations where we are not required to provide you with access to your personal information, for example, if the information relates to existing or anticipated legal proceedings, if your request is vexatious, or if the information is commercially sensitive.
If we deny you access to the personal information we hold about you, or refuse to correct your personal information, we will provide you with an explanation why.
Queries and complaints
If you have any query or complaint about the way we collect, use, hold or disclose personal information, please contact us. We will use our best efforts to respond to your query or request as quickly as possible.
For the avoidance of doubt, this policy does not apply to our employee records.
If you would like more information about this policy or the information we hold, please contact:
The Privacy Officer
Zip Co Limited
This policy can be downloaded free of charge from zip.co/privacy.
We are constantly reviewing all of our policies and attempt to keep up-to-date with market expectations.
As a consequence, we may change this policy from time to time or as the need arises. We will post any changes to this policy on our website.
You may request this policy in an alternative form by phoning us on our local number made available to you or by writing to us at [email protected].