How it works
Pay a bill with Zip
Your Zip account can be used to pay any bill that offers BPAY®
Zip settles the bill
We'll process your bill and pay the biller1
You're all done!
Your bill is paid, and you simply pay Zip back
Now you get to pick a payment schedule that suits you
Got a bill? We've got your back.
You can use Zip to pay everyday bills like phone and utilities, or to take the sting out of larger or unexpected bills. Settle them with the biller today, then pay Zip back over time. Use Zip for things like car rego, tax bills, school fees and more!
If you can use BPAY® to pay it, you can Zip it
Zip over 60,000 BPAY® Billers today and pay them back over time, on a weekly, fortnightly or monthly schedule that suits you.
Repay your way. Interest free with Zip Pay
Choose a repayment schedule that suits you - weekly, fortnightly, or monthly. Zip Pay accounts are interest free, always.2 Zip Money accounts offer interest free for three months.3
Frequently Asked Questions
Eligible customers can use their Zip account to pay their bills through BPAY. We pay the bill, you pay us back over time; it's easy!
- 1. Log in to the Zip app
- 2. Tap 'Pay' and scroll down until you see 'Pay a bill with BPAY®'
- 3. Tap the preferred account used for payment (Zip Pay or Zip Money) and enter the biller details
You will be able to see the bill payment in your 'Activity' along with all your other transaction history.
- 1 Payments may take up to 5 business days to reach your Biller. Certain Biller exclusions apply including but not limited to credit institutions, gambling, share trading, personal loans and DEFT rent. A $2.50 processing fee may be payable for each bill processed using Zip Money. The amount of the fee will be advised and authorised by You at the time of any relevant bill payment. Exceptions may apply. ® Registered to BPAY Pty Ltd ABN 69 079 137 518
- 2 Zip Pay: Minimum monthly repayments are required. A monthly account fee of $9.95 applies and is subject to change. Pay your closing balance in full by the due date each month and we'll waive the fee. Available to approved applicants only and subject to completion of satisfactory credit check. Other charges may be payable. T&Cs apply.
- 3 Zip Money: Available to approved applicants only and subject to completion of satisfactory credit check upon application. Instalment plan splits eligible purchases of $300 and above into equal repayments within the interest free period. Eligible purchase excludes Zip bills and gift cards. A monthly account fee of $9.95 applies and a one off establishment fee may apply for new customers. Additional charges may apply, see T&Cs. Under the contract, minimum monthly repayments are required. If you turn off instalments, all future transactions will be reverted to the minimum monthly repayment. Paying only the minimum monthly repayment amount will generally not repay out the purchase within the interest free period. Any balance outstanding at the expiry of the interest free period will be charged at the applicable standard variable interest rate of 25.9% per annum, as at 1 June 2023. Interest, fees and charges are subject to change. Terms & Conditions apply and are available on application. See your contract for further details. Credit provided by ZipMoney Payments Pty Ltd (ABN 58 164 440 993, Australian Credit Licence Number 441878).