For The People Terms & Conditions
Schedule to Terms & Conditions of entry
|Promotion Name||Zip For The People Giveaway|
|Eligible Country||New Zealand|
|Promotion Period||Start: 0:00 AM NZT 14 September 2021
End: 11:59 PM NZT 25 September 2021
No entries will be accepted outside this time.
|Promoter||Zip Co NZ Limited
33-45 Hurstmere Road,
|Eligible Entrants||Entry to the promotion is open to New Zealand residents in all who fulﬁl the entry requirements and are 18 years of age or older.
Entrants must have a valid Zip Account to enter the promotion and have not revoked their entry in any way after the promotion period. Eligible entrants must follow the Method of Entry.
|Details of prizes||$1,000 NZD in cash paid via NZ bank transfer will be awarded to each winner.
The NZ bank transfer payments will be made to prize winners within 5 business days of them being notified.
|Total number of prizes||12 winners in total.|
|Total prize value||Total prize pool (inc GST): $12,000 NZD|
|Method of entry||To qualify as an Eligible Entry into the Prize draw, an eligible entrant must, during the Promotional Period;
– Have an active Zip account (“Zip Account”); and
14 – 25 September 2021: Make 3 purchases using your Zip account between 0:00 AM NZT 14 September 2021 and 11:59 PM NZT 25 September 2021 (“Giveaway Dates”). Any 3 successful purchases using your Zip account during the Giveaway Dates equals one entry. Maximum of 1 entry per entrant.*
15 September 2021: Set 5 merchants as your favourites in your Zip app by selecting the heart icon at the top right of each merchant within the Zip Store Directory. 5 favourites in your Zip app equals one entry. Maximum of 1 entry per entrant.*
16 September 2021: Set 5 merchants as your favourites in your Zip app by selecting the heart icon at the top right of each merchant within the Store Directory. 5 favourites in your Zip app equals one entry. Maximum of 1 entry per entrant.*
17 September 2021: Make a purchase using your Zip account online or instore. Any successful purchase using your Zip account equals one entry. Maximum of 1 entry per entrant.*
18 September 2021: Make a purchase using your Zip account online or instore. Any successful purchase using your Zip account equals one entry. Maximum of 1 entry per entrant.*
19 September 2021: Make an additional early repayment towards your outstanding Zip balance, within the Zip app or Customer portal. One additional repayment equals one entry. Maximum of 1 entry per entrant.*
20 September 2021: Make an additional early repayment towards your outstanding Zip balance. Within the Zip app or Customer portal. One additional repayment equals one entry. Maximum of 1 entry per entrant.*
21 September 2021: Make a purchase using your Zip account at a merchant you have not previously made a purchase with using Zip. Any successful purchase at a merchant not previously used on your Zip account equals one entry. Maximum of 1 entry per entrant.*
22 September 2021: Make a purchase using your Zip account at a merchant you have not previously made a purchase with using Zip. Any successful purchase at a merchant not previously used on your Zip account equals one entry. Maximum of 1 entry per entrant.*
23 September 2021: Make a purchase using your Zip account at Chemist Warehouse (https://www.chemistwarehouse.co.nz/) online or instore. Any successful purchase using your Zip account at Chemist Warehouse (https://www.chemistwarehouse.co.nz/) equals one entry. Maximum of 1 entry per entrant.*
24 September 2021: Make a purchase using your Zip account at Chemist Warehouse (https://www.chemistwarehouse.co.nz/) online or instore. Any successful purchase using your Zip account at Chemist Warehouse (https://www.chemistwarehouse.co.nz/) equals one entry. Maximum of 1 entry per entrant.*
*All methods of entry are subject to applicable retailer and Zip Co NZ Limited Terms & Conditions (including other terms & conditions agreed to from time to time).
|Prize draw||A random prize draw will occur daily at 10:00 AM NZT on the following dates:
16 September 2021 (for eligible entries received 15 September 2021);
Location of draws:
|Notiﬁcation of winners||Winners will be notiﬁed via email and/or phone call within 2 business days of each draw.|
|Public announcement of winners||The winners of all prizes will be published here: https://www.instagram.com/zipnewzealand/ by 30 September 2021.|
|Unclaimed prize draw||A random unclaimed prize draw will occur at 10:00 AM NZT 6 November 2021.
Location of draw:
|Notiﬁcation of unclaimed prize winners||Unclaimed prize winners will be notiﬁed via email and/or phone call no later than 8 November 2021.|
Terms & Conditions of entry
1. Information on how to enter and prize details form part of these terms & conditions (Terms of entry). The Terms must be read in conjunction with the Schedule. The Schedule deﬁnes the terminology used in these Terms of entry. Where there is any inconsistency between these Terms and the Schedule, the Schedule prevails. Participation in this Promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms of entry.
2. Entry is open only to legal residents of New Zealand who satisfy the Method of entry. Directors, officers, management, employees, suppliers (including prize suppliers) and contractors (and the immediate families of directors, officers, management, employees, suppliers and contractors) of the Promoter and of its related bodies corporate, and of the agencies and companies associated with this Promotion, are ineligible to enter. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or ﬁrst cousin.
3. The Promotion will be conducted during the Promotion period.
4. The Prize/s are speciﬁed in the Details of prizes section of the Schedule.
5. The total prize pool is speciﬁed in the Total prize value section of the Schedule.
6. Any prize is valued in New Zealand dollars unless expressly stated to the contrary.
7. Entrants are advised that tax implications may arise from their prize winnings and they should seek independent ﬁnancial advice prior to acceptance of their prize(s). The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from accepting a prize. Entrants are responsible for any and all expenses that they incur in entering the competition and they will not be reimbursed regardless of whether or not they win the competition.
8. The entrants must follow the Method of entry during the Promotion period to enter the Promotion. Failure to do so will result in an invalid entry. The Promoter will not advise an Entrant if their entry is deemed invalid.
9. The time of entry will be deemed to be the time the entry is received by the Promoter.
10. Entrants may submit up to the Maximum number of entries (if applicable).
11. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any late, lost, delayed, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, corrupted, illegible or misdirected entries, claims or correspondence whether due to omission, error, alteration, tampering, deletion, theft, destruction, disruption to any communication network or medium, or otherwise including those entries not received by the Promoter for any reason. The Promoter is not liable for any consequences of user error including (without limitation) costs incurred. No correspondence will be entered into.
12. The prize(s) will be awarded to the valid entrant(s) drawn randomly in accordance with the Prize draw details. The Promoter may draw additional reserve entries (and record them in order). In the event of an invalid entry or an ineligible entrant, or if the entrant is ineligible to accept the prize, the prize will be awarded to the ﬁrst reserve entry drawn. If the prize can’t be awarded to the entrant drawn, the promoter will then continue this process until the prize is awarded.
13. The winner does not need to be present at the draw unless expressly stated to the contrary.
14. The winner(s) will be notiﬁed in accordance with the Notiﬁcation of winners and Notiﬁcation of unclaimed prize winners (if applicable) sections of the Schedule. Notiﬁcation to winners will be deemed to have occurred on the later of the time the winner receives actual notiﬁcation from the Promoter or two business days thereafter. The notiﬁcation will include details about how the prize(s) can be claimed.
15. The Promoter takes no responsibility where it is unable to contact prize winners who have not provided correct or complete contact details. If an entrant’s contact details change during the promotional period, it is the entrant’s responsibility to notify the Promoter. A request to modify any entry information should be directed to Promoter.
16. It is a condition of accepting any prize that the winner must comply with all the conditions of use of the prize and the prize supplier’s requirements. Each prize must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if a winner is unable to use the prize as stated.
17. The winner(s) name and city of residence will be published in accordance with the Public announcement of winners section of the Schedule (if applicable).
18. If the prize(s) has not been claimed by the Unclaimed prize draw time and date, the Promoter may conduct an Unclaimed prize draw in accordance with the Unclaimed prize draw section of the Schedule (if applicable). In the event the Unclaimed prize draw takes place, the Promoter will attempt to contact the winner(s) of the Unclaimed prize draw in accordance with the Notiﬁcation of unclaimed prize draw section of the Schedule, and if applicable, the name and city of residency of any winner(s) of the Unclaimed prize draw will be published in accordance with the section of the Schedule entitled Public announcement of winners from unclaimed prize draw. If a prize is no longer available the promoter may substitute with a prize of higher or equal value subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority. The promoter is not allowed to deduct any administrative costs associated with provision of the prize.
19. To the greatest extent permitted by law, the Promoter excludes all warranties, representations or guarantees (Warranties) regarding the Promotion and any prizes, including any Warranties which may have been made in the course of advertising or promoting the Promotion. The conduct of the Promotion or the supply of prizes may involve third parties, and the Promoter makes no Warranties and disclaims all liability in connection with any such third parties, their acts or omissions. By entering the Promotion, an entrant releases and indemniﬁes the Promoter and its related bodies corporate (including the officers, employees and agents of each) from and against all actions, penalties, liabilities, claims or demands the entrant may have against the Promoter or that the Promoter may incur for any loss or damage which is or may be suffered or sustained as a direct or indirect result of an entrant entering or participating in the Promotion or winning or failing to win a prize, or using or permitting any other person to use the prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law or which would cause any part of this clause to be void or unenforceable.
20. If despite the foregoing clause, the Promoter incurs a liability to an entrant under any law which implies a Warranty into these Terms of entry which cannot legally be excluded, the Promoter’s liability in respect of the Promotion is limited, in the Promoter’s discretion, to either resupplying such goods or services as form part of the Promotion, or paying the cost of resupplying those goods or services.
21. Without limiting any of the foregoing, in no circumstances will an entrant or the Promoter have any liability to the other for any loss or damage suffered which is indirect or consequential in nature, including without limitation any loss of proﬁt, loss of reputation, loss of goodwill, or loss of business opportunity.
22. The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any delay, damage, or loss in transit of prizes.
23. The Promoter may in its absolute discretion not accept a particular entry, may disqualify an entry, or cancel the entire Promotion at any time without giving reasons and without liability to any entrants, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority. Without limiting this the Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries, prize claims and entrants and to disqualify any entrant who submits an entry or prize claim that is misleading or not in accordance with these Terms of entry or who manipulates or tampers with the entry process. In the event that a winner breaches these Terms of entry, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered. Veriﬁcation is at the discretion of the Promoter, whose decision is ﬁnal. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
24. Prizes, or any unused portion of a prize, are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority. Where a prize is unavailable for any reason, the Promoter may substitute the prize for another item of equal or higher value subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in prize value (including between advertising of the Promotion and receipt of the prize).
25. In the case of the intervention of any outside act, agent or event which prevents or signiﬁcantly hinders the Promoter’s ability (or that of a third party involved with the Promotion) to proceed with the Promotion on the dates and in the manner described in these Terms of entry, including but not limited to vandalism, natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest, strike, war, act of terrorism, the Promoter’s obligations in respect of the Promotion will be suspended for the duration of the event and, in addition, the Promoter may in its absolute discretion cancel the promotion and recommence it from the start on the same conditions, subject to approval of the relevant authorities.
26. All entries become the property of the Promoter. As a condition of entering into this Promotion, entrants agree to assign all their rights in and to their entry and any related content to the Promoter, including any copyright or other intellectual property rights in the entry and related content. Without limiting this, the Promoter may use entry content for any and all purposes including commercial purposes. You warrant that entry content is original, lawful and not misleading and that the Promoter’s use of such content will not infringe the rights of any third parties. The Promoter has no obligation to credit you as the author of any content submitted and may otherwise do any acts or omissions which would otherwise constitute an infringement of any moral rights you may have as an author of content.
28. The collection and disclosure of personal information provided in connection with this promotion will be handled in accordance with the Promoter’s Privacy statement (https://zip.co/nz/privacy) which adheres to the Privacy Act 2020
29. The Promotion and these Terms of entry will be governed by the law of the Country in which the Promoter ordinarily resides. Entrants accept the non-exclusive jurisdiction of courts and tribunals of that Country in connection with disputes concerning the Promotion.
30. Apple services and products, Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, Snapchat may be used to advertise or promote the Promotion. By entering the Promotion, entrants agree that the Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Apple, Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, or Snapchat; and to release Apple, Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, or Snapchat from all liability in relation to this Promotion. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding the Promotion should be directed to the Promoter and not Apple, Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, or Snapchat.