Gift Card Terms & Conditions
Your purchase of any Gift Card through Zip Co NZ Finance Limited NZBN 9429046581358 (“Zip”, “we”, or “us”) is governed by these Zip Gift Card Terms and Conditions (“Terms”). These Terms will apply to Zip, and any related party, which operates the Zip products. In your purchase of Gift Cards through Zip, you agree to be bound under the Terms effective at the time of your purchase and all terms incorporated by reference. Should you not agree to all of these terms, do not purchase any Gift Cards from Zip. Gift Cards are available for purchase via our websites, mobile applications (“App”) and other products and services we offer (collectively, the “Services”). We strongly advise you to review these Terms each time you make a Gift Card purchase from Zip so as to ensure that you understand the terms and conditions applicable to your purchase.
Should you have any enquiries relating to these Terms, please contact us at zip.co/nz/contact
1. Availability and Pricing
2. Gift Cards
- The expiration date for a Gift Card will be displayed on the Gift Card. Please refer to expiry date to ensure you redeem your Gift Card in the allocated time frame. Zip is not responsible for users to redeem their Gift Card before the expiration date.
- Unless otherwise stated by the applicable Retailer, the Gift Card is not redeemable for cash.
- Zip is not responsible if a Gift Card is lost, stolen, destroyed, or used without permission. Zip is not responsible if any Gift Card is rendered unsuitable for redemption through no fault of Zip. If you have lost or misplaced your Gift Card and the balance has not been spent or changed from the original amount, you can contact the third-party supplier and they may send you a replacement, provided they can confirm the balance is unused.
- Gift Cards purchased via Zip will be delivered to the email address associated with your Zip account, or any other email address, or address, you nominate throughout the purchase. Please double check the email address associated with your Zip account, or any other email address, or address provided, is correct and valid before purchasing, as Zip is not responsible for Gift Cards delivered to an incorrect or invalid email address or address.
3. Retailer and Other Third-Party Supplier Terms and Liability
Gift Cards that you purchase through our Services are supplied by third- party suppliers and are issued by participating third-party retailers (“Retailers”). Your purchase of each Gift Card is governed by certain terms and conditions established by the issuing Retailer in addition to these Terms. Redemption of each Gift Card is governed by certain terms and conditions established by other third-party suppliers in addition to these Terms. Retailers set expiration dates for Gift Cards, in addition to other restrictions and requirements. Please review all applicable Retailers and relevant third-party supplier terms and conditions prior to the purchase of any Gift Card. If you have questions relating to the applicable Retailer terms, please contact the issuing Retailer directly. As the issuers of Gift Cards, the Retailers and not Zip are fully responsible for all aspects of their Gift Card programs. Retailers are responsible for all liabilities and costs suffered by you or any other party caused – directly or indirectly – by the Retailer or their products or services.
We have no obligation to resolve any dispute between you and any Retailer or third-party supplier. Zip holds no liability for the sale of products or services provided to you by a Retailer or third-party suppliers. In purchasing a Gift Card from an issuing Retailer and redeeming a Gift Card from a third-party supplier, you waive and release Zip and its subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, officers, directors, employees and agents from any Liabilities arising from or related to any act or omission of a Retailer or third-party supplier. Neither Zip, third-party supplier nor any Retailer is responsible for lost or stolen Gift Cards. If you lose your mobile device please contact the third-party supplier immediately so they can put a hold on your account.
Gift Cards are free of GST. GST or other taxes are not accounted for until the cards are used to purchase goods. These may be charged separately by the applicable Retailer at the time of purchase.
5. Cancellations; Returns
Please choose carefully as we do not offer exchange or refund on Gift Cards. Zip is not responsible for the refund of purchase price or return of any products purchased from Retailers.
6. Lost or Stolen Gift Cards
Treat your Gift Card like cash. Lost or stolen Gift Cards will not be replaced or refunded. The bearer of the Gift Card will be taken to be the owner of the Gift Card. If you lose your mobile device please contact the third-party supplier immediately so they can put a hold on your account. If someone has partially or fully redeemed your Gift Card(s) while your mobile device is lost or stolen we are not liable.
7. Responsible Use and Protection of Your Gift Card
You are responsible for the use and safety of your Gift Card. You are liable for all transactions on your Gift Card, except to the extent to which there has been negligence by us. Protect your Gift Card information by viewing it in privacy to ensure no one views and records your Gift Card information. We strongly encourage all users to have a passcode on your mobile device.
We do not represent or warrant that any description, Gift Card, Retailer or pricing information displayed on our Service is accurate, complete, reliable, current or error-free. In the event of an error, we will endeavour to correct it as quickly as possible and revise your order accordingly, or to cancel the order and refund any charged amount.
9. Contact Us
Should you have any questions or concerns regarding these Terms, our Services or require assistance please contact us at , or:
Zip Co NZ Limited, Level 13,
5-7 Byron Avenue,
Phone: 09 489 8144