About This Website
Links to Other Websites
The ZIP Websites may contain links to other websites operated by third parties (“Third Party Websites”). Any such links are provided for convenience only. ZIP does not endorse, approve of or recommend those Third Party Websites, and is not responsible for the information, graphics and material they contain (“Third Party Material”).
All offers to sell and statements relating to goods and services available on Third Party Websites are the responsibility of and given by the Third Party Website operator. In so far as such offers and statements are made on the ZIP Websites, such offers and statements are made by ZIP on behalf of the Third Party Website operator. ZIP expressly disclaims acting in any other respect on behalf of Third Party Website operators.
Subject to any rights at law which cannot be excluded, ZIP makes no warranties or representations:
- About the quality, accuracy, merchantability or fitness for purpose of Third Party Material or products or services available through Third Party Websites; or that Third Party Material does not infringe the intellectual property rights of any person.
- By linking Material on this website to Third Party Material, ZIP does not authorise the reproduction of Third Party Material. If you download software from a Third Party Website, use of that software may be subject to a licence agreement between you and the Third Party Website operator. To the extent permitted by law, ZIP accepts no responsibility or liability for that software.
- ZIP may receive payments from operators of Third Party Websites in relation to goods or services supplied by the operator as a result of you linking to the Third Party Website from the ZIP Websites.
Product Information and Supply
Material on this website may contain general information about ZIP or related party products and services. Unless expressly stated otherwise, this information:
- Does not constitute an offer or inducement to enter into a legally binding contract; does not form part of the terms and conditions for ZIP or related party products and services; and is not intended to be financial advice and does not take into account any user’s objectives, financial situation or needs.
- All information is subject to change without notice. ZIP recommends that you seek independent advice before acting upon Material on this website or Third Party Material. For further information about a particular product or service please contact ZIP on (02) 8294 2345.
- All applications for credit are subject to ZIP’s normal credit approval criteria.
- Unless expressly agreed otherwise, products and services referred to on the ZIP Websites will be provided only to Australian residents. These products and services are generally not available to non-Australian residents because they may not comply with non-Australian laws.
While we have made every effort to ensure that information is free from error, ZIP does not warrant the accuracy, adequacy, suitability or completeness of Material on the ZIP Websites. Use of the ZIP Websites is at your own risk. ZIP does not guarantee that the ZIP Websites or Third Party Websites will be free from viruses, that the ZIP Websites will be available, or that access to the ZIP Websites or Third Party Websites will be uninterrupted. You are responsible for taking appropriate precautions for the protection of your computer system and data.
Limitation of Liability
Subject to any rights implied by law which cannot be excluded, ZIP is not liable to you, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), statute or otherwise, for any losses, damages, liabilities, claims or expenses (including but not limited to legal costs and defence or settlement costs), direct or indirect, whatsoever arising out of or referable to:
- Your use of the ZIP Websites;
- Material on this website;
- Your use of Third Party Websites; or
- Third Party Material.
ZIP’s liability for a breach of a condition or warranty implied by law or otherwise, and which cannot be excluded, is limited to the extent possible, at ZIP’s option, to:
- The supply of the goods or services again;
- The repair of the goods; or
- The cost of having the goods or services supplied again or repaired.
Your use of and access to the ZIP Websites may be terminated at any time by ZIP without notice. All restrictions, licences granted by you and all disclaimers and limitations of liability by ZIP will survive termination
Unless otherwise stated, the information on the ZIP Websites is provided in compliance with Australian law and is only intended for persons within Australia. The ZIP Websites may not comply with the laws of countries other than Australia and is not directed at, and should not be relied upon by, persons in any other country.
Copyright and Trade Marks
Copyright in the Material on this website is owned by or licensed to ZIP.
You must not use any trade mark displayed on the ZIP Websites in any way without our express written consent.
Privacy and the Use of the Website
ZIP does not collect any personal information about you when you use the ZIP Websites unless:
- you provide it to us by completing an online application or online form or supplying us with your email address; or
- you log on and use the services available on the ZIP Websites.
ZIP may also use third parties to collect statistical information to measure the effectiveness of our online advertising. Any third party involved in this process will not collect personal information.
If you use a link from the ZIP Websites to a Third Party Website, the Third Party Website operator is responsible for the security and privacy of your information when you are viewing that website.
Our Use of “Cookies”
“Cookies” are small files of data that reside on your computer and allow us to recognise you as a ZIP customer if you return to the ZIP site using the same computer and browser or otherwise use the ZIP Services. We send a “session cookie” to your computer if and when you log in to your ZIP account by entering your email address and password. We use these cookies to recognise you if you visit multiple pages in our site during the same session, so that you don’t need to re-enter your password multiple times. Once you log out or close your browser, these session cookies expire and no longer have any effect.
We also use longer-lasting cookies to display your email address on our sign-in form so you don’t have to retype the email address each time you log in to your ZIP account or otherwise use the ZIP Services. Our cookie files are encoded so that your email address and other information can only be interpreted by ZIP. We may, however, share cookie information with certain merchants with whom we have an official co-marketing relationship regarding whether a user identified by the merchant is already registered with ZIP.
Linking to the ZIP Websites
Please contact ZIP’s Marketing Department if you would like to place a link to any part of our website. You must not link to the ZIP Websites without our express permission.